Monday, August 24, 2009

A Flower Story


I LOVE creating decor for weddings so to hear me say I had a lot of fun working on Lindsey & CJ's wedding would not be a surprise. So, instead I would like to share the story of how their flowers came to be masterpieces on the wedding day...

As promised... Here is the story.

In late July I received a call from one of my favorite people on the face of the earth. She had decided to relocate to the east Coast and wanted to get into the wedding industry. Of course I was more than eager to help her succeed. So, we made a plan for her, her momma and little sister to take a trip to Maryland for some hands on training. With permission from our bride and groom (Lyndsey & CJ) I put them to work on what started out as a basic wedding and turned out to be one of the coolest weddings of the season.

Jessica learns the importance of keeping petals hydrated

Yay! Boutonnieres and corsages are complete.



Rebbecca was a natural designer and created some of our best centerpieces.


Marissa Poses with samples of the Golda Roses used in the centerpieces. These are by far the coolest roses I have ever seen.



The truck is loaded and ready to head to Billingsley Manor in Upper Marlboro, MD.



(left to right: Marissa, Rebecca, Jessica)


The ladies "Team Alban" worked together flawlessly assuring that each detail was nothing short of perfect. Great team work girls!

______________________________


Now it is time to take a look at what these ladies created. The quality of their work and their passion for perfection is inspiring!




1 comment:

Sprout said...

I love the last pic w/ the woman looking at the flower ball like it's the Magic Eight Ball! Ha! "All will be revealed."